Announcing the 2017 NACD (National Association of Conservation Districts) Poster Contest: “Healthy Soils are Full of Life”.
The annual Poster Contest provides students from kindergarten through 12th grade the chance to have their art displayed as part of a national conservation outreach initiative. Each year, the winning posters reflect National Association of Conservation District’s (NACD) annual Stewardship theme, and highlight the work of conservation districts and their state conservation associations, to protect and enhance natural resources. The contest starts at the district level; winners advance to the state level, and then to the national level, where they receive recognition at NACD’s annual meeting.
The poster contest is open to public, private, and home-schooled students. Please share with those who may be interested. The PCCD represents Plymouth County. Check with your local districts to see if they are participating.
Poster entries are due by November 10, 2017 electronically. All entries must be accompanied by an entry form. See below for Microsoft document.
There is a downloadable powerpoint about Healthy Soils being full of life at the bottom of the page.
Email all posters to firstname.lastname@example.org
For hand drawn posters please take a photograph of it to email us. Photographs may be taken with any mobile device (phone, camera or tablet) and must be clear and well-framed.
Artwork entered will be judged by the PCCD Board of Supervisors. Finalists will move into the State Competition and those finalists will move into the National Competition and judged at NACD’s Annual Meeting this January in Nashville.
Link to Contest Rules: http://www.nacdnet.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/2017-NACD-Poster-Contest-Rules.pdf
Link to Helpful Resources as educational booklets by grade and coloring book: http://www.nacdnet.org/general-resources/stewardship-and-education-materials/2017-healthy-soils/
Poster category by grade: K-1, 2-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12. The contest is open to public, private or home school students.
· Any media may be used, including paint, crayon, colored pencil, charcoal, stickers, paper, or other materials. The poster size must be 14" x 22" (half a poster).
· All posters must be created by an individual student, rather than a team of students.
· The 2017 Stewardship theme “Healthy Soils Are Full of Life” must be included on the front side of each poster submission to be eligible for the national poster contest.
· Each entry must be submitted to PCCD with an entry form to be eligible for judging. The form must be completed and signed by a parent or guardian.
· Although younger students will most likely receive help in planning from parents or teachers, NACD encourages each student to do their own work. Note: Entries with student handwriting and coloring will score better than those designed, drawn, and colored by adult assistance.
For additional info- http://www.nacdnet.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/2017-Flyer-Poster-Contest.pdf